All about SARS-COV-2 Antibody test post vaccination
The SARS-COV-2 Spike Protein Antibody test is designed to find out the protective immunity level achieved post vaccination and infection in a human body. The test measures the exact amount of antibodies present against the viral spike protein. Generation of neutralizing protective antibodies against SARS-CoV-2 Spike protein directly correlates with the protection gained by an individual post vaccination. This test answers whether the individual has protective antibodies that will fight the COVID-19 infection if exposed to the virus. For this purpose, Dr. B. Lal Clinical Laboratory has started the SARS-COV-2 Spike Protein Antibody test.
Frequently Asked Questions
Spike protein (S Protein) is present on the surface of the virus, that it will use to bind the human cells to gain entry inside the body.
Antibody test broadly detects antibodies against spike protein type(S) since as it is the most immunogenic protein of SARS-CoV-2.
SARS-COV 2 Spike Protein IgG Antibody test detects the presence and amount of antibodies specific to the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein which will prevent the virus from entering the cell.
SARS-COV 2 Spike Protein IgG Antibody test - Quantitative (MRP- INR 525)
Test Methods: Anti SARS COV2 Spike Protein IgG – ECLIA
TAT (Turnaround time)- Report availability within 24 hours
Interpreting the results from Anti SARS-COV 2 Spike Protein test :
- < 50- Negative - Indicates Absence of SARS-Cov-2 Spike Antibodies
- > 50- Positive - Indicates presence of SARS-Cov-2 Spike Antibodies
- Safe and hygienic sample collection process
- Genuine and affordable price
- Valuable services like online report, data analytics and data interpretation
- Offers better sensitivity & specificity.
- Excellent concordance with Neutralizing Antibodies.
- It can aid the authorities to establish the vaccination strategy.
- It can help determine the eligibility of plasma donors with its plasma therapy cut off.