INDIA which is known for its culture, patriotism, and unity is now also known as the Diabetes Capital of World. A survey has been conducted by the Times of India, all over India to know the present stats of Diabetes in the country. According to that survey, there seems to be poor awareness across the country about the need to control fluctuating blood sugar levels, as well as the stats, which shows that all India Levels of HbA1c stood at 8.5% in May 2019 around 3% higher than normal sugar levels.
One of the major reasons behind the rise of Diabetes in India is that the people are not maintaining the lifestyle and their daily routine according to the type of diabetes they have or the sugar level they are standing at.
To maintain this one should know about the possible lifestyle changes that are to be made to control diabetes. There are majorly 6 Lifestyle changes is to be made to control your diabetes and these are:
- Eating Healthy Food – one of the crucial points to remember when you have diabetes, as the food we eat directly affects the Blood sugar levels of your body. So, eat more and more green leafy vegetables, fruits, and whole grains. Avoid eating more carbohydrates as the carbs are converted into sugar inside the body. With this avoid overeating and always watch your plate size.
- Exercise – overweight and obesity are the major cause of causing Diabetes. So to avoid these you should Exercise daily. It is not that a person has to go for a Gym or going for any Training. It is simply just walking around, Avoid going from bikes to nearby, ride Bicycle or doing Yoga. Just keep in mind that every day you should give 30 minutes of your daily routine to exercise.
- Get Preventive Health Checkup – At least twice a year person should go to a doctor for a preventive checkup. Diabetes is the major cause of Heart Strokes, therefore go for regular checkup of your heart. Other than this you should know the numbers of your blood pressure, cholesterol, and HbA1c (Average Blood sugar level over 3 months).
- Stress Management – The rise in the blood sugar level is directly proportional to your stress level. The more stress you are in the more is your sugar level. So always control your stress level. For this a person can do yoga, meditation, do those things which you like the most or simply follow your hobbies.
- Quit Smoking – If a person is having diabetes, he/she is most likely to have health conditions like kidney disease, foot ulcers, Heart problems may a stroke, eye-related diseases, nerve problems, and vessel diseases. If you smoke it will definitely promote these diseases or problems in your body.
- Alcohol Consumption – Alcohol, Consuming more of it when you have diabetes will definitely fluctuate your blood sugar levels. The American Diabetes Association says that women who drink alcohol should have no more than one drink a day and men should have no more than two. Alcohol Consumption can make your blood sugar levels too low or too high.
Other than these points Menstruation and menopause, Illness and Proper medication should be under observance for a person who is having diabetes.