Respiration is the most important activity that happens in our body 24/7. The human body can’t stay alive for more than 2 minutes if the process of respiration stops. Humans can work for days and months without eating food or drinking water, but only for a few moments without oxygen.
A normal adult takes 12 to 20 breaths per minute. The breathing rate of the human body increases during exercises as the body requires more oxygen to release energy.
Respiration is the process of intake of air containing oxygen, which is the fuel for the human body. Respiration enables the functioning of almost every part of the human body. It is a foundational process. Good breathing would help you in many ways, it helps you to have better mental clarity, helps in improving digestion, helps in reducing stress level and even it can help you have a good sleep cycle.
Without proper respiration, there can be many health issues in the human body. The health effects can be-
- – Multiple organ failure can take place
- – Proper digestion and congestion will not take place
- – Cautiousness will decrease.
- – Overall, the body will not function properly and it can even lead to a fatal death
Now you must have got a clear image of the importance of proper respiration in the human body. Let’s have a detailed guide about Respiratory Care.
Health Benefits of Deep Breathing
Deep breathing is one prime cure of many unknown problems of the human body. By breathing deeply only for a few minutes you can feel significant changes in your body and mind. Do you even know how deep breathing can be the solution to many health issues like high blood pressure, stress & anxiety, pain, etc. The benefits of deep breathing for the human body are as follows.
– Reduces Stress-Deep breathing increases the number of endorphins, the “feel-good” hormone in the body which helps in decreasing stress and makes you feel happy and confident.
– Reduces Pain– The endorphins not only aids to decrease stress but also relieves pain in the body.
– Detoxifies Body– Proper breathing can remove up to 70% toxins of your body. Deep breathing helps in removing excessive carbon monoxide for the body easily.
– Improves Immunity– Deep breathing increases the amount of oxygen in the blood which in term helps the blood to carry more nutrients and vitamins. Various immunity-boosting products are available on our website.
– Increases Energy– With the increase in the amount of oxygen in the blood the functioning of body parts becomes easier. This helps in increasing energy and stamina. You can use ashwagandha tablets to boost up your stamina, you can easily buy it on Dr. B. Lal Pharmacy.
One important tip: Practice slow and gentle deep breathing. Remember to fill the air in your abdomen area. A simple way to ensure that you are doing deep breathing properly is by placing one of your hands on your stomach. So when you inhale, your stomach should rise. Try to focus on your breaths and let all the tensions out from your body.
7 Ways to take care of the respiratory system
Taking care of your respiratory system properly can eliminate the risk of many diseases. We have provided you with the seven must best steps to improve the health of your respiratory system.
– Don’t smoke and try to avoid second-hand smoke. During the time of coronavirus, you can use masks to mark protection from any dust or virus particles. Use our 6-layer mask to ensure safe breathing every time.
– Try to breathe in the fresh air and avoid pollution by using proper masks.
– Try to avoid meeting or contacting people with viral infections and flu.
- Perform the cardio and all the exercises you can. You can practice yoga and meditation as well.
- Keep your house and your surroundings clean to avoid any dirt particle.
- Maintain a healthy sleep cycle.
– Try to improve your diet and eat healthily. You should include fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet. And drink a lot of water.
– Maintain perfect body weight. Try the natural snack options on our website that help you reduce body weight.
– Try to keep your immune system stronger. Include food options that help you boost your immunity.
Common Diseases Related to the Respiratory System
Common Cold- It is the most common respiratory disease caused due to the inhalation of virus particles. It mostly causes a runny nose, sneezing, cough, and fever. But it can sometimes trigger the inflammation of your respiratory tubes that cause diseases like asthma and bronchitis.
Asthma – It is a chronic lung disorder that causes inflammation of the tubes that carry air in and out of the lungs. These tubes swell up and produce a large amount of mucus. This tightening of airways causes problems in the process of respiration. The common symptoms of asthma are shortness of breath, coughing, and wheezing.
Bronchitis– This disease is caused due to inflammation of the lining of the tubes responsible for airflow known as bronchial tubes. It can be acute or chronic depending upon the symptoms. The main symptom of Bronchitis is the coughing of thick mucus. Acute bronchitis lasts for only 7-10 days.
Exercises to strengthen your Respiratory System
Anulom Vilom Pranayama
Anulom Vilom is also known as alternative nostril breathing technique. This is one of the best breathing exercises and can cure almost all your respiratory problems.
How to perform Anulom Vilom?
– Sit with your back straight and legs crossed.
– Now relax and bring your hand to your nose.
– Close your right nostril with your hand and inhale slowly from the left nostril.
– Now close the left nostril and exhale with the right nostril and once again inhale with the same nostril.
– Keep on repeating the procedure for at least 5 minutes.
Pursed lip breathing
This exercise is perfect to detoxify your body by removing all the stale air in the body. This exercise allows the airways to remain open for a longer time during exhalation.
How to perform Pursed lip breathing-
– Inhale normally through your nose for 2 seconds.
– Then shape your lips in the way you do to blow the candles.
– Breathe the air slowly out through your lips.
- Repeat the process for 8-10 times.
Another important yogasana you can practice to improve your breath cycle. The Shavasana rejuvenates your mind and body and brings your mind to the mediative corner. A peaceful mind and a relaxed body would help in fighting against breathing problems.
Singing And Laughing
These are the two easiest breathing exercises you can perform. Laughing helps in increasing the lung capacity and also removes stale air from your lungs quite faster. While singing also increases the breathing capacity of your lungs.